Sunday, June 23, 2013

Happy 100th Birthday, Pauline Francis Bannon!!

Birth certificate, Pauline Francis "Bonnie" Bannon
Well, here we are, on a day I have been waiting awhile for. As Nana (sorry, it's still weird calling her by her first name, even if it was not her birth name) would have been 100 today, had she not passed so many years ago. Like a great many of the things I have uploaded here, this comes from her personal collection that I have owned since my father's, her only child's passing. She was born in California's Central Valley, as one of 5 children. I have seen pictures of her siblings (all of them have been gone for some time now) and for the most part, all of them were actually an attractive-looking bunch. Not surprisingly, Bonnie's (see, I can do it) folks were hard-working and honorable, and instilled good values into their children. And while she never had a really big career in Hollywood (her choosing, perhaps?) this simple document is proof that one can come from fairly humble beginnings and go on to become more. I still have not learned yet where the name "Bonnie" came from, but as I am in contact with 3 of her nieces, perhaps one of them will tell me as I will post this on my Facebook page as well (Warren W. Jones). Perhaps yet another family mystery will be solved?

2 comments:

  1. It is a day for reflection, to remember her on what would have been her 100th birthday. It is hardly appropriate to say "Happy Birthday", so I shall suggest a viewing of THE FLYING DEUCES and embrace her during her limited on-screen time. A more beautiful woman would be hard to find in any Laurel & Hardy film.
    God bless you Bonnie.

    Dave Heath,
    London, England

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your overly-kind words, Dave. I value everything you do for me, and for this humble little blog.

      Delete