Sunday, June 23, 2013

I'M GOING TO HOLLYWOOD, I'M GOING TO HOLLYWOOD!! Maybe Bonnie said that?

A good friend found this clipping earlier this year. As I am still not completely sure which family legend is true (there are a few versions) this little blurb in the Bonnie's local paper (the Fresno Bee) might very well have been what gave her the idea to "go to Hollywood". I am pretty sure that folks must have been telling her most of her life how pretty she was, perhaps even telling her "you oughta be in pictures"..... or at least, that's what I like to believe (sorry, I can't help it). Part of the legend is that she was working at a local Warner Bros. theater, but that doesn't explain her getting to be a "Goldwyn Girl" or also known as one of the lucky 7. The uploaded newspaper clipping is a bit grainy, but I hope you can make it out. If I keep working on this Blog, as is my intention, I will eventually run out of pictures of her worth uploading. It is at that point where this thing will go deeper, as it seems that every time Bonnie got ink, she preserved it in a scrapbook. But until that time, let me see if I can upload some more cool pics today.

No comments:

Post a Comment