Sunday, June 23, 2013

That guy Bill again.... how does he do it??

  I will do one more today, on the day of her 100th. A photo like this might be a bit of a come-down after the photo with Lucy and friends, but I am gonna do it anyway. I think this is just a fun publicity photo from "The Great Ziegfeld". And like I said in an older post from the same movie, they probably just brought the gals in small bunches, shot pics until one or more of them stopped saying "my eyes were closed in that one" and then brought in the next group. As I might have referenced with the other William Powell upload, life must have been pretty rough for Bill that day.
        As an aside, you might have noticed that it looks a bit ragged at the top. I could have easily cropped this photo, but I think in the interest of purity, I still have it attached to the non-acid free paper that Bonnie originally mounted this and most of her other publicity photos on. Included (again, on purpose) are Bonnie's notation as to what this is. Pretty sure that is her, third from the left. I am wondering, just a bit, what flavor the studio chose to serve that fine day..... Any ideas?   ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment