Sunday, June 22, 2014

Dave G., and Bonnie B.... a puff peice for the Spanish-speaking market.

Well, here I am about a year later without single post until now. I have been remiss, but I will try to find the time to continually add to this little Blog of mine. In the last few years, I have feared that the well would run dry, that is to say that I thought I would run out of things relating to Bonnie Bannon to upload. My fears (for now) were unfounded as I found more publicity photo's of Bonnie that I forgot I had. And that isn't counting all the newspaper articles concerning her time in Hollywood that I hope to one day start lodging in here as well. So, on with the photo's, shall we?
               I found and subsequently purchased this photo on-line about 4 months ago. The seller was in South America (Argentina, I think?). Included on the back of the photo (who doesn't like a good little back-story?) was an explanation. As I do not understand Spanish, a Facebook friend more or less translated it for me. The man in the photo is Director, Dave Gould, and apparently, he is having trouble on the film, so Bonnie Bannon is helping him. I do not believe for one moment that Nana is helping him with anything in this staged photo. But it is a fun look into the publicity machine at MGM in the early 1930's. As I have probably stated on this Blog before, it is likely that Nana would have taken the seat, then used whatever direction they were giving, and when they were done taking some photo's, somebody would yell "Next!".... It is a business, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment