Monday, June 23, 2014

Happy (101st) Birthday, Pauline Francis Bannon


Long story short (we've all heard that one, right?). I found these early grade school photo's some years ago. They were Bonnie's, and then went to my father, and then to me. I know that she was born and raised in the Fresno area of Central California, so I am going to make the leap and say that the group photo's with her classmates, are indeed, from that area. I think it is interesting that there must have been something about her (even at this age) that she seemed to be placed in the center. See for yourself.  ;)
            It looks as though some years later Bonnie opted to write names (including her's, with her older spelling of her first name). That tells me that she must have been one of those students that could recall the name of her classmates, years later. How many folks do you know like that? The fourth photo is from her senior yearbook, and it is indeed, her senior photo (Fresno High, class of '32). A good friend found it on-line while doing some research. I think he told me that there is a database of scanned yearbook out there. While he was looking for Hollywood animators, and their respective senior photos, I made a quick detour and found Bonnie's. If you look closely, it appears that she signed her photo in the original owner's yearbook. Cool, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment