Thursday, May 30, 2013

Bring in another group of gals..... please.

Bonnie Bannon, in white.
From the look of this, I would say that this is from Bonnie's personal collection that passed from her, to my late father and then to me. This looks like one of those cute starlet photos where they called in groups of them, put them through wardrobe, hair and makeup and took a whole bunch of pics, and tossed the ones that did not work. Bonnie (in white) is nearly front and center, like she tended to be. Not sure why, but I would like to believe that there was a special sort of blessing on her life..... sometimes, there just is.
            The only other gal that I can correctly identify with certainty is Wanda Perry, who is at Bonnie's immediate right. I am not sure if I have mentioned this before, but as I possess Bonnie's personal phonebook (blackbook?) that Ms. Perry is one of the few names in it from back-in-the-day. This tells me (I guess it is an assumption) they they were cool all the way into the late 80's.  Some other names in her book include: Barron Hilton (Son of Hilton Hotel founder, and Grandfather of Paris) Arthur Lake, Frankie Lane, and legendary jockey, Eddie Arcaro. As this blog is continually ongoing, I plan to eventually scan pages from her phonebook (with some small details removed) as well as upload all the old newspaper articles she saved. And as I have said for years, good or bad ink, she seemed to have saved all of them. It should make for interesting reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment