Thursday, January 24, 2013

Pauline Francis Bannon.... the really early years.

Bonnie Bannon
Bonnie Bannon
I am pretty sure that "Nana" was already known as "Bonnie" by friends and family long before she came to Hollywood, or long before these were taken. She looks so impossibly young to me in these photos (she would have been 100 in June of this year) that I am going to speculate that these could have been taken shortly after her arrival in Hollywood, from Fresno, Ca.
           She was not without a plan, as she did win some sort of Starlet search in her region by one of the major studios. I wonder how often she must have heard things  growing up like "You are so pretty" and "You sure are beautiful" as well as others along those lines. She came a long way from being a rancher's daughter being raised in Central California...... and not all of it so great, as the proven fact of 4 marriages will attest.


Bonnie Bannon.... this is getting old.

4 comments:

  1. I think out of all the chorus girls and bit players of the Precode era, Bonnie had the most beautiful and remarkable eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emma. Somewhere in her things that I have, is a fluffy article about her being "tested" by some eye doctor (or something like that) and him finding her to have "perfect eyes" I think. As I said, it was kind of a silly piece, as were a lot of the newspaper articles written about her back then. It was, as you know, a different time. I hope to someday scan some of those clippings and up-load them here.

      Delete
  2. That would be great when you get the time. I can understand what the “doctor” said about her eyes being perfect. They are almost Garbo-like and photographers always claimed Garbo had a scientifically “perfect” face.

    ReplyDelete