Friday, June 23, 2017

Happy 104th, Nana!! I know it's late, but I did not forget.

Leading off a little differently than I have, since I started this Blog in my late grandmother's name, I thought I would go with some photos of how she looked in the last decade of her life. This is about how she looked when I re-connected with her in January, 1981.  Bonnie is my paternal grandmother, and as my parents divorced when I was little, well, you get it. I dug around in some boxes, and came up with these. Considering that she came from hard-working, honest and honorable middle California rancher/farmers, she exuded an almost regal air. She is probably in her early 70's in both of these candid, non-professional photos. To this day (if I can continue to be honest?) I wish I had asked her more about her work in "The Picture Business" as she called it. If I've any advice to anyone reading this, don't put things like that off until tomorrow.
Bonnie Bannon, circa mid 1980's
Bonnie Bannon, likely the mid-1980's again.
Bonnie Bannon, lower left, on cello.


Bonnie Bannon, from "One in A Million" upper left.


Bonnie Bannon, 4th from the right. Jack Benny, center.


And of course, the back side, with a back-story, and everyone gets a credit.   :)

2 comments:

  1. Some incredible photos. What a beautiful woman she was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dave... it only took a year for me to reply.

    ReplyDelete