Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Not very P.C.

Bonnie Bannon, w/blonde wig, center.
Two posts by me in one day..... I must be feeling pretty inspired. :)
This photo was from the movie "Roman Scandals". I have quite a few pictures from this movie, but mostly with Bonnie pictured with more than just two other actresses. Lucille Ball was also in this movie, as it was one of her first as well. I watched this movie on VHS about this time last year, the two gals in this photo were actually in a dance sequence or two (and dancing quite well as I recall). A picture like this appeared on Ebay a few weeks ago, but as I have two already, and the one for sale had a corner lopped off, I passed on it. I don't think I need to explain my "Not very P.C." title, as it should be self-explanatory..... it was a different time after all.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Warren,
    A newcomer to Precode films, I was just idly looking for photos and information on the chorus girls that seemed to pop up in soo many of the wonderful early musicals and I came across your blog. Thanks for uploading these great pics of your grandmother, Bonnie. If you get the chance, have a look at my blog: http://letsmisbehaveprecodefilmtribute.blogspot.com.au/. I hope to read more posts from you in the future.
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your kind words. I only recently found out that this little blog actually gets visits. I really do need to start adding on a regular basis. Except for time constraints, I almost have no excuse as most, if not all of the publicity photo's of her that I have are lodged in my Apple laptop. I have a few great pics on standby on my desktop just itching to be uploaded. I really should commit to working on this again. I really do think that Nana would have been tickled by this sort of attention, all these years later. :)

      Delete